Submarine Cable Map 2017
TeleGeography's popular Submarine Cable Map has been updated for 2017.
The latest edition depicts 293 cable systems that are currently active, under construction, or expected to be fully-funded by the end of 2017.
The map includes:
- Countries shaded by resiliency, a count of how many submarine cables are connected
- International bandwidth growth by route, 2000-2016
- Used inter-regional bandwidth
- Pricing trends, 2013-2016
- Total number of fiber-optic strands that connect the world
- Submarine cable investment, 2015-2018
- Major landing station details
- Submarine cable segment details
- Construction costs, 1998-2016
Our new map shows up-to-date submarine cable facts as a collection of artifacts, journal entries, and hand-drawn sketches befitting of Indiana Jones.
Read our blog entry for more information about the design of our map.
Want this map for free? Solve the puzzle hidden in our map for a chance to win this map and two other TeleGeography maps of your choice.
The map is printed on Yupo, a high quality synthetic material, and measures 36” x 50” (0.9144 m x 1.27 m). Heat mounting is not recommended.